Monday, June 29, 2026

A Goose's Dream

Dear _____, 

As we've discussed, you know who you are, if I go over that wall before you I don't want or need service, ceremony, funeral, whatever.  While it will distress me to return work that is not perfect, just put me in the minimal container, cremate me, and dump my ashes in that secluded spot in the ___ ____ cemetery.  Vixit.

But if, just if, there's a place for a little music along the way, I'd like this version of
A Goose's Dream: Jung Dong Ha - Goose's Dream  (5:33, 2013)
--- 
This now classic often closes a concert and is fit to bow out on.  It was tough to settle upon just one.  Insooni alone has umpteen; of hers, I am particularly fond of this small, quiet one: Insooni - Goose's Dream  (5:53, ca. 2008)

And then there's the inimitable PSY.  Who also gets it right.
PSY - Goose's Dream  (7:51, 2013) 
===
Dear _______, thank you for this e-mail.  Death will come to each of us and it is good for friends to gather together when the body has released the soul.  And our souls, though maybe briefly, meet with yours.  We both know that when our souls meet together, as the old hymn sings: "We will understand it better by and by."  I know who she is, my dearest friend.  _____ 
===
Translation by x3Yesung of Soompi
(Please understand that translations can vary greatly and often do)

I have a dream,
Even if I'm thrown away or ripped to shreds
Deep in my heart
I have a dream as precious as gem

If by chance, without a reason,
Somebody ridicules me behind my back
I should be patient
I would wait just for that day.

As you always worry,
You say that foolish dreams are poisonous.
Just like a book that tells us about the end of the world
There's the reality that we can't turn back already

*Yes I, I have a dream
I believe in that dream.
Please watch over me
Standing in front of that cold wall called fate.
I can firmly face it

*One day I will pass over that wall
And be able to fly
As high as the sky
This heavy thing called life can't tie me down
At the end of my life, on the other day that I can smile, let's be together

*last two stanzas are usually repeated 3 times.
===
http://astrayfrt.blogspot.com/2017/05/an-insooni-showcase-with-love.html

No comments:

Post a Comment